Treasurer Scott Morrison will be unveiling the federal budget at 7.30 tonight, amidst much speculation as to contents and whether it will win the foundering coalition the upcoming election. The usual tax cuts and funding bonuses will be announced, but what do we know for sure? ANU’s Professor Quentin Grafton broke it down for us.
A pilot program in remote Aboriginal communities has made great progress to improve school attendance by involving community leaders and Indigenous rangers to teach students about customary knowledge, culture, and literacy and numeracy. Dr William Fogarty is head of an ANU review of the program, and he spoke about what this review of the project found.
– New help for Toowoomba disability services
– New anti-blindness drug approved in Australia
– Adolescent HIV rates doubled in a decade: WHO
– AMA accuses Scott Morrison of child abuse
– ACOSS opposes lifting the pension age
– Robot seals to calm agitated dementia patients
– Link found between gene and Alzheimer’s risk
– Accusations leveled against Heal for Life foundation Continue reading 4zzz Headlines (Pt. 18)