Coral bleaching due to global warming has continued to worsen in the northern Great Barrier Reef over the past two weeks, even as cooler weather has brought significant reprieve to central and southern areas. Terry Hughes, Director of the ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies, says the northern reefs are in the most remote, pristine area of the Great Barrier Reef and it’s a tragedy to see them affected like this.
– Queensland amps up aid to Philippines
– Euthanasia information clinic to open in Adelaide
– Mining men more likely to die
– New website blows away wind farm doubts
– Brisbane group wants coal trains under curfew Continue reading 4zzz Headlines (Pt. 16)