The Australian Greens urge the Labor party to join them in committing to removing religious exemptions from the Sex Discrimination Act, following Rainbow Labor’s announcement to appoint an LGBTI discrimination commissioner. Greens sexuality spokesperson Senator Robert Simms says Labor’s plan is a good one, but won’t end discrimination against LGBTI people under the law.
You may have been hearing a lot lately about transgender people in the US, after political and legal battles over which bathroom transgender people are allowed to use. Here in Brisbane, transgender people gathered for the first ever Trans Fair Day on Sunday, and I was on the scene.
– Freedom Flotilla Faces Armed Resistance
– UQU Now ‘Reformed’
– New Research Into Causes of LGBTI Suicide
– Shock Find of New Van Gogh
– State Government Slashing Funds From Cross-River Rail
– Qld Suicide Rates Slowly Dropping
– Australia Bids Farewell to Last F-111
– Lead Monitoring Offline in Mt Isa