A leading dust diseases lawyer has called on the mining industry to focus on stronger preventative safety measures for workers, following the re-emergence of black lung disease in Queensland. Slater and Gordon lawyer Martin Rogalski said there is now an opportunity to not only eradicate black lung but also reduce the occurrence of other respiratory diseases in the industry.
The Queensland Government has approved an Environmental Authority for the Acland Stage 3 coal project, despite its investigation by the Crime and Corruption Commission over dodgy political donations. Lock the Gate Alliance president, Drew Hutton, says the mine will drain precious groundwater, destroy some of the best agricultural land in the country, and put the health of local communities at risk.
– New Mining Regulations Recommended
– Submissions Open for Mining OH&S
– UN Slams Aussie Detention Policy
– Australian Biosecurity Network Established
– Suburban Toxic Sites Left Unmanaged
– Hospital Ratings Go Head to Head
– Palmer Cries Foul in Fairfax Electorate
– Child Abuse Commission Hears Testimonies
– Burma Funded for HIV/AIDS Treatment
– ACT to Discuss Same-sex Marriage Bill
-Sticky Mess for Hawaiian Fish Continue reading 4ZZZ Headlines (Pt. 9)