Malcolm Turnbull’s royal commission into the Northern Territory’s youth detention system has been given a second chance with appointment of former Queensland justice, Margaret White, and Indigenous community leader Mick Gooda.
Amnesty International Australia has previously raised concerns about the treatment of young people at the Don Dale Juvenile Detention Centre in the Northern Territory, after initial details emerged of tear gassing late last year. Now, the Northern Territory’s Children’s Commissioner has tabled his report on the incident, as well as the circumstances leading up to, …
– Go card loopholes wiped out
– Koala killing woodchipper company rebuked
– Stroke sufferers going without basic care
– PM Abbott declares end to Afghan War
– First global skin cancer conference held in Brisbane
– Global warming brings irrukandji to Queensland waters