The CEO of the Public Health Association of Australia, Michael Moore, is calling on the government to adopt sensible alcohol policies to prevent unnecessary emergency visits and take pressure off hospitals. I spoke to him about this stance, and some of the statistics regarding alcohol and its relation to hospital visits.
The Public Health Association of Australia has welcomed the release of the Implementation Plan for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health. The vice president of the PHAA, Professor Carmen Parter, says the plan provides governments, policy makers and service providers with an opportunity to make real change in the health disparities and outcomes experienced by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
– Queensland amps up aid to Philippines
– Euthanasia information clinic to open in Adelaide
– Mining men more likely to die
– New website blows away wind farm doubts
– Brisbane group wants coal trains under curfew Continue reading 4zzz Headlines (Pt. 16)