The Queensland Greens have expressed support for the Premier’s offer of support and assistance to asylum seekers currently in the Queensland community. Greens spokesperson Andrew Bartlett says Annastacia Palaszczuk is right to say that these people deserve our compassion and support.
The Refugee Action Collective is protesting outside Immigration Minister Peter Dutton’s electoral office from 7am tomorrow, Wednesday 9th, to bring attention to the current refugee crisis. I spoke to Collective spokesperson Mark Gillespie, about what the protest is for, as well as the current refugee situation both in Australia and overseas.
The refugee detention centre on Manus Island has a long history of violence and cover ups, with the latest reports alleging a young woman was raped by ex-pat security guards, while a young man lost his hand in a machete attack. An investigation has been launched, however the guards in question have been sent away, …
I spoke to acting National Director of Uniting Justice Australia, Rosemary Hudson-Miller, about Nauru’s new immigration laws. These changes mean asylum seekers can be deported without notice, and without appeal.
– Charges dropped for Talisman Saver protestors
– WA Greens condemn shark drum lines
– Greens call for inquiry into Manus Island clash
– Egypt files claim with ICC against their military
– Migrants protest Israel’s detention policy
– Lebanese refugees want to go home: Dr Rifi
– ACCC chairman calls for more government privatisation
– Sudan and South Sudan join to protect oilfields
– Hamas PM announces clemency for Fatah
– New Mining Regulations Recommended
– Submissions Open for Mining OH&S
– UN Slams Aussie Detention Policy
– Australian Biosecurity Network Established
– Suburban Toxic Sites Left Unmanaged
– Hospital Ratings Go Head to Head
– Palmer Cries Foul in Fairfax Electorate
– Child Abuse Commission Hears Testimonies
– Burma Funded for HIV/AIDS Treatment
– ACT to Discuss Same-sex Marriage Bill
-Sticky Mess for Hawaiian Fish